Actron cp9580 Review
The Actron cp9580 Auto-Scanner Plus with Code Connect does way more than just display the trouble codes and definitions seen in other hand-held scan tools. At the touch of a button it can also actually help prioritize troubleshooting using the top reported fixes related to these codes, specific to your vehicle’s make, model, year and engine.
The “top reported fix” is the most probable solution to the vehicle’s problem and is a shortcut for troubleshooting efforts. Auto-Scanner Plus will indicate on screen which codes have the Code Connect details available. Then it’s a simple push of the button to get the Code Connect information. These actual vehicle fixes have been reported and then verified by the Actron team of ASE certified technicians.
This OBD ii scanner is currently on sale at Amazon.com! Click this link to take advantage of this huge discount!
Here are some great features of the Actron cp9580:
- Generic and manufacturer specific code definitions on screen and trilingual support;
- With Code Connect quickly pinpoint and prioritize the solution not just the code, providing 3 million verified fixes specific to the vehicle’s make, model, year and engine;
- Compatible with OBD-II and CAN vehicles 1996 and newer and includes domestic ABS code coverage, record and playback data stream and on screen graphing;
- Custom data list for live data and graph live data;
- Additional advance features such as freeze frame data, drive cycle mode, state OBD check and print data support.
This device works with optional battery power (as well as directly through the OBD-II connector). It is also field updateable via USB port and allows you to print data to PC. Comes with a trilingual manual (English, Spanish, and French).
Here’s what one happy customer had to say about the Actron cp9580:
As a stand alone unit, this thing is awesome!!! ABS/TRAC lights rolled up on my 2000 300M, and after a bit of research on the internet, I figured that if I could locate the problem, I would be able to fix it. Plugged it in,,,left rear wheel speed sensor signal diagnostic came up…removed the tire….pulled the sensor….noted some build up of “moon dust”…no evidence of oil or grease from a seal….cleaned with a toothbrush…re-assembled and cleared the diagnostic and all is back to normal. A twenty minute job and the unit has paid for itself. I didn’t have “Code Connect” for this problem,since it was pretty straight forward, but having it is a DEFINITE ADVANTAGE for the DIY’er… IMHO worth the extra money. (Tommy B.)
Got something to say? Click here to reply